Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Experience vs Words


I just had a great session with a client and am reminded again of 'experience'.

The experience which I am referring to is not an age thing, or that you have been there and done that. I am referring to the experience people have of you.

There might be a huge difference between what you think you are doing and what others are experiencing. I might tell you that I love you, yet you might experience the exact opposite from my behavior. I might think that I am doing you a great favour, when you might experience it completely different.

You might think that people trust you.....but is that truly what they experience? This one has a huge impact in all our relationships, at work and at home!!!

It is so important to ensure that our behavior in life matches what our intend is to that what others are experiencing. Otherwise you are just setting yourself up for great disappointment and problems. Not even to mention the poor relationship that flows from this......one which you might think is a sound relationship!

How do I go about this experience process.....simply ask!
And we can only ask if we are willing to listen and accept the truth.....even if it hurts!

It is all worth it....and experiencing these authentic relationships around you creates tremendous joy and peace. Go on, try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment