Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Perspective & commitment


The father of my one best friend past away last week. Today I attended his funeral. Initially I thought that I was okay, seeing that I have been spending time with my friend and his family the last three days. Yes at the funeral there were a couple of moments that can possibly be life changing for me.

I say possibly because I need to take action in order for it to become life-changing.

One question that just kept on returning to me was: "What will people be celebrating the day that I die?"

And what values am I living from so firmly that people, all people, will know that about me? Or will I be just another person who allowed circumstances in life to determine who I am? Living from day to day, just doing the best I can.....and believing that it is all God's will.

Crap man, what am I going to do about it? What am I going to do with this awesome life that God gave me...all these gifts, opportunities, talents and people around me!!!!

Perspective in life....it is moments like these that allows us to get a glimpse on perspective that we need. The next question is, what are you going to do about it.

There is a Chinese Proverb that reads: "The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago! The second best time to plant a tree is today!"

So what am I going to do about it today? I decided that I am off to the farm this weekend, to sit in the veld and get perspective, to make commitments.......to plant some trees!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment