Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Success & Failure


There is something that have been on my heart the last few months. It is heavy on my heart as it is something which I have failed in in a certain area of my life.

In the process I hurt someone whom I cherish and love greatly. All hope is on saving the relationship, yet I am facing the consequences of my choices.....and might regret it for the rest of my life.

What I wish to share in short is the following:
Life is all about the choices we make and the relationships we have. Our choices are greatly emotionally charged in that initial moment as it get's influenced by past experiences and it blinds us to the reality and the truth. Yet the very choice has consequences the moment you take action on it. Regret and guilt waits at the next table for you when your eyes open to the truth and reality. And that table is not fine dining, it is dressed with food that turns your stomach, brings tears to your eyes, sleepless nights and desperation for restoration.

It is so important for us to take it slower, be open for growth and to let go of all the stuff that we tend to hold onto for protection, justification and a sense of false self worth. We all want to have success and happiness in life and our relationships. That is what drives us to make the decisions we do! Sadly most of these decisions are driven by fear from these past experiences.

It is important to realise that strong and healthy relationships is not the result of success. Success is the result of strong and healthy relationships having been built and kept in place.
Just as hurt and broken relationships is not the result of failure, but failure is the result of relationships that got hurt and broken.

Therefore, let your main and most important focus be on the relationships in life that matters most.....and not the stuff that have attached itself to your life through the years. When I talk about stuff, I refer to feelings, experiences, events and beliefs you have built up through your life......and they are just your own perspective on that specific situation.....it does not mean it applies to any other situation you find yourself in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment