Thursday, September 22, 2011

Accepting a little swallow

My shower is in my loft and next to the shower is a little window. I always leave this window open for fresh air. Just recently a little swallow decided to make this his safe and convenient drinking spot. He would sit on the window......pop into the shower and sit on the shower head drinking the drops of water.

Initially I thought this was beautiful and enjoyed it. I made a point not to leave the window opening too small. Then one morning there was bird poo in my shower. I did not think much of it as it did not happen before and is most probably a once off. The next day it was there again.....and not just in the shower, but on my cycling shorts that I hang beneath the window to dry. Ugghhhhh!! I did not like that and decided that this is enough, I am closing the window after each shower.

Guess what, no more bird poo!!! After a few days I started to miss the beautiful little swallow. I remember sitting in the loft working and the swallow would be so tame it would pop into the shower while I was there working.....then sitting on the window and sing. I missed the little swallow. After a few more days of not being able to forget the little bird I sat down and had a meeting with myself. I realised that everything that is close to your heart comes with a little bit of poo. The question is if I can do anything to keep my heart happy and do something for the poo not to affect me negatively. For the joy which that something places in my heart to be greater than the feeling the poo might give me causing me to push that something away.

So I openend the window and just moved my cycling shorts to dry at a different spot. I got in the shower and each time expected the poo to be there.....when it was it was no surprise and I just washed it off with a smile on my heart....when it was not there I seemed to miss the swallow even more.

Which person do you have in your life that you know you love.....and that some little poo caused your feelings to push that person away? That some little poo causes you to miss that person and you are holding onto that feeling the poo gave you? Is the poo that big? (hahahahhaa, no pun intended) And can you actually do something about the poo.....you might change or he might change or you both could change?

The taste of regret is greater/worse than the smell of the poo!

No comments:

Post a Comment