Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Getting closure

So there I was talking to a client of mine about a bad experience she had with someone and the friendship came to an end. It has been a while and they are still talking, so I asked why? Her answer was that she needs to get closure. Again I asked how? She responded that she just needs to hear him say what she believes to be the truth!

And then it hit me......how many times or where in my life am I struggling to move on because I have not heard what I wanted to hear? That it is not possible for me to get closure on a issue or relationship and effectively move forward just because what the person said is not what I wanted to hear?

Therefore not getting the answer I wanted leaves me to not believe what is said. Almost as if then it does not count! I tell myself that he or she did not really mean it......and carry on as if nothing happened. And the only thing that keeps happening is that you end up hurting yourself more and more and deeper and deeper.

We are so cought up in the world of justification. We demand people to justify themselves when they say or choose something that we do not like or did not want.

Let people take responsibility for they own choices. The only responsibility you have is to make sure they know what the consequences are going to be and that they have full knowledge of the situation. The choice they make given this is simply their own choice......accept it and move on. Better things and all good things will come your way as long as you walk in truth and righteously.

So keep faith and keep walking. You are worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment