Thursday, February 2, 2012

Seeing is believing!


So many times I have found myself talking to people, sharing wisdom and insights, just to find myself talking to.....well, myself!

We have all heard the saying that talk is cheap. Well on the one hand it is cheap because it is so much easier to talk than it is to act in line with what you are talking about. Yet on the other hand talk is not cheap, it is bloody expensive!

It can cost you your integrity, your trust, your self-esteem and your self-belief. It can cost you your job, your business and your face value in the business world. It can cost you your most prized relationships, your marriage, your friends and your children. And worst of all, it can cost you your name!

Just the past week I caught myself in a situation where my actions was not in line with my character. And it is so easy to justify these actions just to make myself feel better. But justifying it does not change the truth.

Fortunately one can restore your word, your trust. By being honest and open to yourself first of all it becomes possible to be open and honest with others involved and thereby starting to act in line with what you are saying to then start restoring your character.

We all make mistakes. A friend and previous boss of mine once shared something so powerful with me. I made a big mistake and kept it hidden for some time. Then one day I went to him and with all truth and honesty shared this mistake. He then told me that it is not what I did back then......but what I did now that proves what person I am. It blew me away and motivated me so much more to keep walking in line with my word and in all truth and honesty.

Where in your life are you not walking in line with your word? Where does your actions not ressemble what you are saying? Chances are that in these very areas you are experiencing difficulties.

Make the choice today to turn your life around and start the journey towards the future that you are dreaming of. You have the ability, we all have the ability within us to let others see (experience) what we believe and therefore become empowered in our lives.

Go for it....take the step and let tomorrow be different. You've got what it takes in you!

You are worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment