Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Paying the price

I guess one of the easiest seminars that I present is on the topic of making mistakes. Why....because it is the one question that we all are happy to admit.

Okay to be honest, that seminar is easy for the first few minutes only hahahahaa! Because when we get real about it then all of a sudden it gets quiet and the hands don't go up anymore. As if your not so perfect life has all of a sudden become holy and perfect!

The simple reason for this is because we do not like the consequences of our sinful or bad decisions and actions in life. Lets be honest it would be so much easier if the consequences part could just disappear! Wouldn't that just be nice!?

Well to be honest it will not be!

What is this guy talking about you might think...."I mean seriously, is he crazy?!!!"

Hahaaha, no believe me it certainly would have been much more comfortable in many situations in my life if I could admit to mistakes with no consequences to follow it. But when I am honest, then there would have been nothing to give me reason not to do the same mistake again. It would have been too convenient.

Scary part is that even the impact of the consequences for some people are not enough to prevent them from repeating the same mistakes over and over.

What got me to fail in my repentance process was that I was doing it not for myself. I was doing it for someone or something else. When that did not turn out the way I hoped, well, then I went back to the bad place I was before. "What is the point? How many times do I need to prove to her that I am sorry and will not do it again! Stuff this...what is the point, it doesn't seem to matter what I do so I may as well....." and off you go again.

I recently made a mistake.....and in my journey with God to truly repent....to not make the same mistake again I realized something awesome.

Stop! Stop trying to prove to others and convincing them that you have changed (cause to be honest you have not changed yet....you are only in the process of attempting to change). You are not in control of what they think and what they feel or how they will behave towards you. The negative experience(s) they had of you needs to heal as well. Do it because you want to proclaim your love for Jesus, for the great love that He has for you and having paid the highest price for you! Focus on living a life that He will be proud of and the rest will come with time.

So often we try to fix things in our own power.....where believe me in your own power you did enough damage as it is. Start living a life towards holiness, restore trust in yourself, praise God in all you do and He will take care of the rest. Believe me, He does a great job!

He paid the price.....and He loves you so greatly!!

Allow Him to show it in your life by accepting it. You are worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment