Friday, August 1, 2014

When reality is not the Truth!

At this point in life I am sure that each one of you have had an experience where you realized how two people can look at the same thing and see it completely different. Just the other night my stunning wife and I was having dinner with friends. Well the husband said something and as we were driving home it came up in conversation. My wife said it is so awesome that her friend has the ability to speak his mind, to be so authentic. I simply thought what he said was completely rude and ignorant!

Sound familiar?

The last few months my world, both in my corporate and personal space, have been filled with the intense need for trust and honesty to make a comeback and for people to face the reality of their circumstances. But something was missing for me in all of this. Yes these things are important and needed in our world today as they are so greatly lacking, but something was missing.

This morning when I was having quiet time it hit me, how could I not have seen it all this time?!! I realized that the physical evidence playing out in front of me....reality according to me....is not necessarily the truth! No, the absolute truth is that thing sitting at the core driving a person's behaviour. That child playing the music system so loud that the entire neighborhood can hear, that action is the reality that we see, but the absolute truth might be that the child is missing undivided attention from his father.....who is either too busy working all the time or not interested in his son's life.

So my desire this morning was to have the wisdom to see the truth in my daily reality so that I can make a healthy impact. For me to make choices that will have a life changing effect on my reality and not actions or words that attempts or hopes to get rid of the reality...just cover it up or wipe it under the carpet.

No, the truth can only be positively changed through sincere actions. Your true desire to get real understanding, to not be afraid of asking the question cause you are not afraid of the answer you might get.

Be real about the truth in your reality. When you experience unwanted behaviour, stop for a minute and try to understand what the truth is behind the reality before you react. Have the courage to find the truth in your own behaviour so you can be real about who you are.

You are worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment