Friday, August 20, 2010

Hello EGO


I was watching a program last night which I truly enjoy as they do not blow the Hollywood dust of happy endings and fairy tale dreams over the reality of life. So you end up being able to truly relate to each situation they depict and the impact it has on the relevant relationships.

Last night the one character was so caught up in her pride (ego) that she started picking on people she love just to hide the mishap she experienced. She turned into a mean person and the knock on effect of her fake behavior left a trail of tears and hurt relationships behind her.

It just made me think, as I had the same experience with a client this morning, where in my life are my ego still so big that it prevents me from being upright, honest and sincere in all my relationships? Where am I blaming or looking down on others just to make myself feel better?

The people whom I hurt in the process is the very people who will embrace, support and encourage me if I were to shed my ego and be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment