Monday, September 6, 2010

Regrets & the future


I got a call over the weekend from friends asking me if maybe I can look after their 5 kids and stay over one night. What would have been a evening where most things are all about me, turned into time spent where almost everything is not about me, but rather to be aware of 5 children.

Being open to truly hear them, to get their hearts, I ended up with a couple of situations or moments where I learned so much about life.

I just became so aware of areas in my own life where I have such good intentions, but are not rooted in my beliefs. This questions trust. Trust in myself and others being able to trust me. I just became so sadened that I am becoming aware of these things now.....and not when I was 10 years old like the one little boy.

Then I read a Chinese proverb that says: "The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is today."

The question is, am I going to plant that tree today...or regret in twenty years from now that I did not do it today. The choice indeed is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment