Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Taking control....

I was talking to a friend today and sharing an experience that I was and am busy working through in my life at the moment. He asked me where I am concerning this and my words to him was that "I have given it back to the Lord, I gave all control over it back to God."

Just to realise in that moment that it seems silly actually. How can I give control back to God over something or someone that I never even had control over! It was just an illusion to think or unconsciously feel that you own someone in a relationship or have control......cause you don't! I just sat there and started laughing at myself and my friend had a good laugh too.

Yes when you are in a relationship you have responsibilities and need to have compassion and share your life and space......give love and receive love.....open your heart for understanding and support.....inspire trust through your actions.....support each other to grow and forgive.

But you never have ownership or control......because that is not love......it is fear driven. Fear of getting hurt or loosing what you think you have.

Love is freedom!! The freedom to be who you are and to be accepted for it. The freedom to grow towards being a better person at your own pace and to be supported.

So what did I then truly do with my situation? I did not give it back to God......no, I just trusted God that He has a great plan for me and that He wishes all things to work for my good. And I just came to trust it...that is what happened.

Who knows what the future will look like? I might find myself in that same relationship....this time only so much better and wiser and healthier and stronger. I might find a different relationship that is greater than what I imagined. Who knows! But what I do know is that I now trust God that it is going to be good!! And I am excited!!!!

Moral of the story......make an effort to get to the place where you are truly open to grow in who you are and truly trust God that He wants the best for you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment