Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The time is now


Two years ago I was in an accident where God saved my life, medically they can’t explain how I am alive today. I was on my mountain bike and took a great fall. Just about 40m ahead of me was a turn I intended to take, yet I never made it.

A while after my recovery the Lord laid it on my heart how I intended to take that turn and never made it. He showed me how this reflects in our lives, just how many times God will bring something to our attention, or a friend shares wisdom and we are quick to ignore it.....to say ‘maybe later’. Yet chances are that we never get to that ‘later’ we always accept will just be there. Just like I never reached that turn in the road. Just like you are reading this now and saying: "yeah whatever".

I had the most wonderful week of my life recently, yet at the same time the greatest heartache. God brought something to my attention during this great week, yet I ignored it and said, ‘oh well, I know but maybe next time!’ Well it ended with me never getting that next time.
And the sad part with not paying instant attention to something that God brings to your awareness, is that it not only impacts your life but also that of others. In this case someone that was so dear to my heart. And I hurt her greatly.
I know it takes two to tango as they say, but I have to take responsibility for my actions and choices and not point the finger.

So my question is, where in my life....where in your life has God tried to get your attention and you are choosing to rather ignore it. We say maybe next time just because the choice we have to make does not suit us, does not feel nice or convenient in that moment.

Well the consequences are and always will be far more inconvenient. So live each moment in a way that you are proud of. In a way that people you care about will be proud of. In a way that God will always be proud of.

You have this one life, this one moment!

Oh how one moment of ignorance can cause a lifetime of sorrow? I pray that you open your eyes and open your heart to hear from God and listen.....and obey now, in that moment. Not later, for later may never be there. Not next time as it may never come.

I wish you courage, I wish you the strength and I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness. You are worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment